Saturday, July 7, 2012

She's A Sneaky One...

That little Mary Elliott... Doesn't she look so sweet and childlike here?
She definitely brings a smile to our face every morning.  And can say some pretty hilarious things... but I really wander what goes on in her little head.


We went to some friends house on Sunday, there were 6 girls at the house.... they have a pool, live on a pond and when you're there your very relaxed.
Until you lose your child.
We walked around... checked the pool... checked the pond.... checked the house some more.... kept checking....
repeat all of that with two completely frantic mothers and make it last 20 minutes.
Then I had to call Frank.... and Misty called 911.
It is surreal to hear your child's description being made to a 911 operator.
Panic Attacks in full force.....
And then Jim found her.  She was hiding in a closet that I never even saw in the 900 times I ran through the house screaming.  She had gone inside to change clothes and when she couldn't get her shirt on she hid so no one would see her naked.
I grabbed her and we cried....
and cried some more....
And then when I could breath we got in the car and left.
And in case your wandering... yes she heard me calling and screaming for her.
And then the anger came.
Did you know that the police department is open to the public on a Sunday afternoon at 6 pm?  I do now.  We drove straight there to apologize to the policeman for "making someone bother the busy 911 operators" since they are busy looking for kids who really ARE LOST.  
I'm not sure who thought I was craziest, the policeman or Mary Elliott.  He looked at me like I was insane for making a child do this.  Has he never met a stubborn child that just really needs to learn a lesson? If not.... Hi Officer, Here's Mary Elliott.
Although I'm not sure it worked....
When we left she said 'Where to next Mama?'

Two days later I get this from Laura.....
She's the only person who could have gotten away with sending this that soon because it took about 4 days before I could really even talk about it.


2 comments:

The Hensons said...

i at least gave you a few days to process it!! :)

elise said...

Well this was a laugh out loud post!!, not bc you were scared to death, but its just so typical for us too!! The "Where to next...?" comment, I mean you can't make this stuff up!!